When disaster strikes, where do hams and interested others turn on the web for news and information? Check out the following information to find out!
Where to find Amateur Radio operators:
Military Affiliate Radio System (MARS)
- Washington State Army MARS Website (where I am the Webmaster).
Associated Amateur Radio Groups normally active in emergencies:
- Amateur Radio Station, W4EHW, at the National Hurricane Center
- Hurricane Watch Net
- Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Net (SATERN)
- The Waterway Net
- ARRL is a member of the National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
Resources for Amateur Radio Operators:
- ARRL Public Service Web Page
- ARRL Net Directory
- Third Party Traffic List (for US Amateurs)
- Getting licensed in foreign countries
- Reciprocal Operating Permit information
How to contact ARRL emergency service volunteers and traffic handlers to offer assistance
Hurricane News - Special Links Picked by NW7US
- Hurricane Watch Net
This site is a very informative resource that outlines Amateur Radio service regarding Hurricane activity. Worth a look.
- Hurricane and Storm Tracking
Hurricane Tracking provides to up-to-date information about storms and hurricanes in the Atlantic and Pacific. It also includes animated plots using Java, plus data files and plots.
- Weather Underground: Tropical Weather
Find the Weather for any City , State or Zip code , or Country Language English Afrikaans Bulgarian Byelorussian Chinese (Simp) Chinese (Trad) Croatian Czech Danish Dutch English
- EarthWatch Hurricane & Tropical Storm Image Archive
The first 3D weather web site giving you continuously updated satellite, radar, and forecasts . StormWatch severe weather watches, warnings & advisories updated every 10 minutes.
- TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER
The Tropical Prediction Center's Home Page
- Virtually New Orleans -- All About Hurricanes
Yatcom Communications presents important information on Hurricanes, from the perspective of a New Orleanian. Important weather information and tips, as well as up-to-the-minute
- Hurricane Monitoring
Homeland Security - Special Links Picked by NW7US